Moving into the retired life can sometimes be bittersweet. Though you will be missing your friends, co-workers, and the daily grind, it is also a celebration of your hard work. It marks the beginning of a new journey where you will enjoy the fruits of your labor. Finding a place to retire is one of the most important things you need to prepare for as the day approaches. Southern California has some of the most coveted communities for retirees. Just take a look at this website of one of Beverly Hills’ top real estate agents, and you’ll immediately see the astounding beauty of Southern California. If you happen to be someone who is nearing retirement and is considering the beautiful cities of Los Angeles, San Diego or Santa Barbara here are some of the best places where you can retire:
- Shea Homes at Rice Ranch – Located in Orcutt, California, the Shea Homes at Rice Ranch offers over 300 acres of public open space coupled with a sprawling community park and sports complex situated in a 26-acre lot. The Santa Barbara County homes are energy-efficient, and offer much flexibility, thanks to their customizable construction. Prices range from $400,000 to $600,000.
- Hovnanian’s® Four Seasons at Bakersfield – Another excellent age-restricted option is the San Joaquin Valley neighborhood that is home to K. Hovnanian’s Four Seasons at Bakersfield, in Bakersfield, California. Constructed as single-level homes, the area offers recreational amenities in a resort-style setup. The homes come in two or three bedroom models with room to do some customization. Prices start at $100,000 and could go up to as much as $200,000.
- Hovnanian’s® Four Seasons at Beaumont – If you are looking for an area in Beaumont, Califormnia, then the K. Hovnanian’s® Four Seasons at Beaumont is a good option. Built for residents aged 55 years and up, the community offers single-level homes in a gated resort setup that is 30 minutes away from Palm Springs. It also comes with all the works: a recreation complex, a tennis court, a clubhouse, and a swimming pool, among others. The prices of two-bedroom homes go somewhere between the $200,000 to $400,000 range.
- Trilogy at Monarch Dunes – If you happen to love playing golf, then the Trilogy® at Monarch Dunes at Nipomo, California is your best bet. Named by CNN Money as one of the “25 Best Places to Retire,” the area boasts of a golf resort community with a couple of links-style gold courses. In addition, it also features a clubhouse complete with a resort pool, a tennis court, and a place to dine and relax. Solar-powered two and three-bedroom homes cost somewhere between $600,000 to $800,000.
- Trilogy® at The Vineyards – Located in Brentwood, California, this active lifestyle community is perfect for those who love wine. It is located near the orchards and vineyards of Contra Costa County and is complete with all the resort-style amenities. Two and three-bedroom homes go for somewhere between the $500,000 to $800,000 range.